Adult Psychiatric Services- BHC Alhambra Hospital offers a complete spectrum of acute psychiatric services including:
- Inpatient/Rapid Stabilization: Patients stay overnight in a safe, stable, nurturing and therapeutic environment, treatment and structured activities are based on an individual’s needs and goals.
Acute inpatient hospitalization occurs only with a physician's order for conditions that cannot be safely or effectively treated on an outpatient basis. It is the most intensive level of care offered, providing 24-hour skilled nursing observation and care; daily interventions and oversight by a psychiatrist; and intensive, highly-coordinated treatment by a physician-led team of mental health professionals. Inpatient hospitalization is always short-term and designed to quickly stabilize the most serious symptoms to allow a quick transition to less intensive levels of care.
BHC Alhambra Hospital offers acute inpatient care for adults, adolescents (ages 13 to 18), and children ages 5 to 12. Dual Diagnosis programs are available for adults with a secondary chemical dependency diagnosis.
Advantages of Acute Inpatient:
- Safe, controlled, structured environment
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Intensive physician involvement.
- Physician-led multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Able to utilize both medication and psychotherapy, as appropriate.
- Medically-supervised detoxification (for alcohol & drugs)
- Intensive treatment not available on an outpatient basis.
- Tutorial-based school program available
- Up to 10 hours of daily programming.
- 7 day a week programming.
- Partial Hospitalization/Outpatient programs: Patients attend 5 days a week, 6 hours per day in extensive treatment; individual and in groups.
Partial Hospitalization Program
PHP is designed as an alternative to hospitalization. Patients may be enrolled directly into a PHP program or may be "stepped down" from a hospital setting to facilitate the quickest return to the home setting. PHP offers all of the program intensity of acute inpatient care without having to stay in the hospital overnight. Treatment consists of multiple treatment modalities (individual therapy, group therapy, education groups, family therapy and physician oversight) provided in a coordinated manner to achieve short-term stabilization of immediate crises. Skilled nursing care is provided as well as routine treatment supervision by a psychiatrist. Partial Hospitalization is time-limited and concludes when the patient's immediate presenting problem is stabilized or resolved.
BHC Alhambra Hospital offers a short-term day treatment program for children, adolescents, and adults 5 days a week, 6 hours a day. This program is for patients with a primary psychiatric diagnosis who require intensive support and structure, but not 24-hour supervision. Dual diagnosis programs are available for adults with a secondary chemical dependency diagnosis. Half-day programs are offered 5 days a week, 3 hours per day. Programming includes psycho-educational, process, and medication management groups.
Advantages of PHP:
- Patient continues to live at home, but comes to hospital for care.
- Weekly psychiatric oversight and supervision
- Skilled nursing interventions
- Multi-disciplinary treatment team
- Stabilization of condition that would otherwise result in hospitalization.
- Tutorial school classes (for children and adolescents) may be offered
- Hospital stays may be shortened by "step down" to PHP
- Less intensive, less expensive alternative to hospitalization.
- Specialty programs available
Intensive Outpatient Program
IOP is more intensive than traditional outpatient and is designed to achieve short-term stabilization and resolution of immediate problem areas. The patient and family are offered services by a team of professionals. The patient is enrolled in a time-limited program with other patients working on similar issues. The treatment team may include licensed therapists, nurses, program specialists and a doctor.
BHC Alhambra Hospital offers an intensive adult chemical dependency outpatient program for patients who need rehabilitation from alcohol or other substance abuse. This is a daytime program running Monday - Friday, 10:00am - 2:00 p.m. The program includes education, 12-step meetings and co-dependency groups.
Advantages of IOP:
- Individual lives at home.
- Sessions may be conducted while the individual continues to go to work or school.
- Individual therapy is augmented by group therapies specific to the patient's needs.
- Multiple professional disciplines work with the patient and family.
- Frequency of attendance is determined by the individual's specific needs.
- Specialty programs available.
Call us today at -- 800-235-5570.
- Adult Psychiatric Services
- Inpatient Programs
- Partial Hospitalization
- Eating Disorders Treatment
- Adolescent Psychiatric Services
- Children's Psychiatric Programs
- Chemical Dependency Disorders
- Clinical Trials
Hospital care will be provided on a non-discriminatory basis. All patients will be admitted, assigned a room and patient services and be provided the use of all facilities without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin or disability. An equal opportunity employer M//F/V/H.